Using a transportation option that promotes carpooling is great. Not only do you save on money but you also feel good about doing something good for the environment! But carpooling and taking public transport means you are sharing a space with others so it’s important that every carpooler treats each other and the driver with respect. The Roshni Rides team created a short list of carpool etiquettes that you should know and follow. We hope these reminders will promote respectable behavior during your ride. The smallest actions can ensure that everyone has a more pleasant carpool.
Here are 10 carpool etiquettes you should know and follow! Lets get started:
- Be on time. Please arrive at your Roshni vehicle pick-up point within 5 minutes of your assigned time otherwise the vehicle will leave. We don’t want other riders to be late to their destination as it is unfair to them.
- Greet the other people in your carpool. There’s no harm in smiling and saying “Hi” to your fellow carpoolers. This can help brighten everyone else’s morning as well.
- Be clean, wear clean clothes and clean up after yourself! Karachi smells funky as it is! A gentle reminder to wear deodorant, clean clothes and do not litter so that the other people in your car have a pleasant journey to and from work.
- Wear headphones if you want to listen to music and refrain from speaking loudly. You want to be cognizant of the space you are sharing. Give other people the opportunity to relax, read a book or sleep. Headphones are a great way to make sure you are not inconveniencing others.
- Don’t request additional stops or stop somewhere other than your set pick and drop location. This is not a personal car service. Be courteous of other peoples time by sticking to your carpool route.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough. We hope this is an obvious one, no one likes germs!
- No smoking, wait until you leave your carpool car for this one.
- Avoid using inappropriate or abusive behavior. Avoid hurting some else’s feelings by using appropriate language
- Stay calm during an emergency! Please call our hotline to report any issues or breakdowns 021-36490044
- Do NOT bring any weapons or harmful objects into the vehicle.